Searching for prompt and reliable solutions in respiratory support in this time of increasing numbers of COVID-19 being recognized as a large and growing global challenge for healthcare and medical equipment manufacturers.
For the respiratory support of patients with coronavirus, UTAS Company has implemented several innovative solutions in UVENT ICU ventilators. Including non-invasive and protective ventilation modes, oxygen therapy with humidification, continuous and remote monitoring.
Oxygen delivery right on time
High Flow Oxygen Therapy (HFOT) with high-quality humidification and Nasal Cannula.
The primary strategy for COVID-19 patients is supportive care, including oxygen therapy for hypoxaemic patients, in which high-flow nasal cannula (HFNC) has been reported to be effective in improving oxygenation. Among patients with acute hypoxaemic respiratory failure, HFNC was proven to avoid intubation compared to conventional oxygen devices. [ 1, 2 ]
- High-quality humidification of the air-oxygen gas is implemented in the UVENT Ventilators.
- Oxygen concentration adjustment with SpO2 monitoring for minimal effective oxygen concentration during inspiration control and maintenance.
- Wide range of flow rate setting (up to 80 lpm) for the necessary settings to increase FRC and effectively compensate early signs of respiratory failure.
Protective ventilation with adaptation to the dynamic patient’s needs
New adaptive ventilation modes in UVENT guarantee the protection of affected lungs during long-term ventilation.
Visualization of AdVent mode.
In UVENT ICU Ventilators we implemented two intelligent adaptive modes:
- AdVent—Adaptive Ventilation mode with guaranteed minimum minute ventilation.
- ProVent— The Newest Adaptive Ventilation mode with volume-based intelligent support.
The foundation of intelligent ventilation is the breathing support with
ICU ventilator’s automatic adaptation to the dynamically changing
mechanics of the patient’s breathing during treatment.
The protective ventilation based on the breathing support with ICU ventilator’s automatic adaptation to the dynamic changing mechanics of the patient’s breathing during treatment.
AdVent mode maintains operator-preset minute ventilation regardless of the patient‘s activity and automatically changeover to support ventilation taking into account spontaneous respiratory effort of the patient.
ProVent maintains operator-preset minute ventilation with the protective ventilation with automatic respiration rate detection and breathing mechanics continuous analysis. Each mandatory inspiration is adaptive: in case of spontaneous respiratory effort, the patient receives additional flow support.
Adaptive ventilation modes provide quality respiratory support for COVID-19 patients with optimal caregivers’ participation. By using intelligent ventilation modes clinicians can reduces number of numerous readjustments of ventilation settings, which commonly required during respiratory support as patient condition continuously changes during therapy.
Increased patient comfort and safety with helmet ventilation
Non-invasive ventilation with a helmet in UVENT Ventilators is implemented as a separate mode with an adjustable base flow to replace CO2.
Non-invasive ventilation with helmet in CPAP/PS mode.
- Special mode with adjustable base flowand maximal synchronization with the patient’s respiratory effort.
- The helmet does not have any pressure points on the face , thereby reducing patient discomfort and improving device tolerance without the risk of skin necrosis. [ 3 ]
- The helmet allows a patient to interact with clinicians during treatment , to drink or even eat through special port, to see and to talk.
UVENT ICU Ventilators have the optimal patient’s breathing support system via the helmet.
With the helmet is used CPAP/PS ventilation mode — with the permanent base pressure level, which is defined by PEEP. With activated pressure support, each spontaneous breath effort is supported by pressure.
Continuous Respiratory Mechanics and Gas Exchange monitoring
Integrated into UVENT SpO2 and CO2 Monitoring.
- Built-in SpO2 and CO2 channelsand a wide range of vital functions monitoring.
- Continuous monitoring of saturation , that is critically important in the case of COVID-19 patients.
- CO2 level in mainstream and sidestream measurement, , as well as volumetric capnometry visualization possibility.
Integrated SpO2 and CO2 monitoring in UVENT ICU Ventilators allow clinicians to evaluate the respiratory support relevance and efficiency continuously. It is critically important during the fast progression of the disease and dynamic changes of a patient with COVID-19 status.
Monitoring data can be displayed on the additional display with UniScreen technology. It allows you to optimally configure the information on each of the screens, if it is necessary.
Rapid diagnostics of the lungs condition right at the patient’s bed with an integrated ultrasound sensor
The lungs status monitoring with an integrated into UVENT Respiratory Critical Care Station ultrasound sensor. Solution for the fast receiving information without transporting to the diagnostic room.
Visualization on integrated ultrasound on the additional HD display by UniScreen technology.
- A simple, fast, and effective way for diagnosing the lungs’ status: maximum information without using fluoroscopy.
- Quickly choose a strategy and individual tactic of respiratory therapy , for patients with acute respiratory failure (patient selection).
- Reducing radiation doses to patients. This factor is especially important in the COVID-19 treatment.
- UVENT built-in lung ultrasound directly visualizes lungs complications on HD-display during the ventilation process.
Ultrasound can be used for effective dynamic monitoring of patients with severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2.
Using the UVENT with integrated ultrasound (BLUE / FALLS-protocols) allows clinicians to detect an alveolar-interstitial syndrome or other lung and pleural cavity diseases in the early stages, right at the patient’s bed. Moreover, this solution can be applied to patients repeatedly. By its efficiency is equal to computed tomography and even outreaches ‘classical’ radiography.
Innovative Intubation Support Tool
Intubation support using integrated video laryngoscope and built-in supporting maneuver.
Integrated video laryngoscope vizualizationon additional HD-screen by UniScreen technology.
- Visual control on HD-screen of the tube positioning with integrated video laryngoscope.
- Built-in maneuver “Intubation support tool” with preoxygenation mode and adaptive respiratory support.
Integrated video laryngoscope allows clinicians to get visual control on HD screen of the real-time tube positioning. That makes intubation procedure easier, increasing patient’s safety. This tool in UVENT includes preoxygenation and oxygenation during intubation process with continuous SpO2 and CO2 monitoring via built-in pulse oximeter and capnograph.
Remote patient monitoring during respiratory support
ICU Ventilators’ parameters control and remote monitoring of a patient’s vital data via UniViewer solution and UNET Central Station.
Data vizualization on tablet and smatphone.
- No need s to be constantly at the patient’s bedside.
- Possible to reduce virus load and the risk of the caregivers infection.
- Increases the possibility to monitor patient’s status by qualified medical personnel, especially in conditions of high workload in the ICU.
- The possibility of remote consultation with colleagues around the world.
Remote monitoring of the patients with COVID-19 with UniViewer during respiratory support is the access to real-time patients’ vital data from any location via the internet. Remote patient monitoring solution displays important measuring parameters such as waveforms, alarms, and numeric data on any clinical staff mobile device.
UniViewer displays important measuring parameters
such as waveforms, alarms, and numeric data
on any clinical personnel mobile device.
UVENT ICU ventilators continuously transmit information to the UNET central station, which allows clinicians to monitor patients’ status remotely. The Central Station can be located outside the patient care infected areas, as well as preceding rooms. Via UNET central station and UniViewer clinicians can monitor the patients’ status without increasing the contact time even in the case of limited human resources.
Effective technological solutions implemented in UVENT support clinicians in the face of the rising patient load in hospitals working with coronavirus. At the same time, our solutions ensure the patients’ safety, improve the care quality, and reduce potential risks, especially taking into account acute complications of COVID-19.
✴️ Not every feature may be available in your market. To get more info, please, fill in the form: